Italy Travel Guide
If you have been to Italy before, then you probably know that this incredible country always leaves you wanting for more.
If this is your first time planning a trip to Italy, don’t make a mistake of just visiting Rome, Venice, and Florence and thinking that you saw the best. There is so much more to see and do in Italy, and visiting just a few big cities (no matter how beautiful) doesn’t do it justice.
Whether you are looking for history, architecture, stunning scenery, quaint little towns or good food – Italy has it all. It’s a perfect country to visit with kids too, as Italians just love the bambini. And the kids will fall for Italian gelato.
Italy is one of those countries that you can visit ten times and still have the feeling that you only scratched the surface. It’s one of our favourite countries in Europe, one we gladly return to.
We have been to Italy more times than I can remember, and you can find some of those experiences on this blog. This is by no means a complete guide to visiting Italy. Rather a selection of blog posts from some of our recent trips. From hidden gems of Rome to trip itineraries in Tuscany – get inspired to visit Italy and plan your dream trip with our Italy travel tips and advice. Find out!
This page contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. More info: Disclosure.
Italy Travel Tips
Campania (Naples/ Amalfi Coast)
- Tips for Planning Your Trip to Rome
- The Hidden Gems of Rome That Most Tourists Never See
- Where To Eat and How To Find The Best Food in Rome
Liguria (Italian Riviera)
- Complete Guide to Visiting Cinque Terre for The First Time
- How to See the Best of Cinque Terre in One Day
- Where to Stay in Cinque Terre – Ultimate Guide to 5terre Hotels
- Most Beautiful Small Coastal Towns of the Italian Riviera
- Portovenere – Hidden Gem near Cinque Terre
Lombardy (Milan and the Lakes)
- How to See The Best of Milan in One Day
- Complete Guide to visiting Bellagio Lake Como
- Best of Lake Garda – Places You Shouldn’t Miss
- Lake Garda Trip Itinerary Ideas
Trentino-Alto Adige (South Tyrol)
- Most Beautiful Shorter Hikes in the Dolomites
- Val Gardena Hotel Guide
- Best Things To Do in Trentino with Kids. Adventure Family Summer Vacation in Italy
- Val di Fumo hike – one of the most beautiful mountain valleys in Italy
Tuscany (Florence and beyond)
Plan Your Trip to Italy
Accommodation in Italy
Car Rental in Italy
Flying to Italy
P.S. If you found this page useful, don’t forget to bookmark it for later reference and share it with your friends who are thinking of visiting Iceland. Are you on Pinterest? Save this image!