Norway Travel Guide
We visited Norway just twice and we already want to go back. The first time was in summer when we did a road trip through some of Norway’s most beautiful fjords and charming towns. The second time was just a few months later, in winter, when I visited Tromsø in Northern Norway to experience some of the incredible winter activities like dog sledding, northern lights, and more.
Here you can find all the blog posts from our trips to Norway. They are filled with travel inspiration and lots of practical tips to help you plan your own unforgettable trip to Norway.
Whether you are visiting Norway with family or alone, in summer or in winter – these guides should be a good starting point in deciding where to go, best places to see, and best activities not to miss.
This is by no means a complete guide to Norway. It’s such a big country with so much more to see and do, and we just scratched the surface. But if you are visiting Norway for the first time then this is a good place to start. See below!
TIP: Join our Facebook Group for Iceland and Scandinavia Travel. We have lots of members who know the region quite well and should be able to help you with the practical side of planning a trip to Norway and other Nordic Countries.
***This page contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a qualifying purchase through such a link. More info: Disclosure.
Norway Travel Tips
Norway Trip Itinerary
Stavanger Region (Southwestern Norway)
- Best Things To Do in Stavanger
- Lysefjord Cruise and Pulpit Rock Hike in One Day
- The Norwegian Canning Museum in Stavanger
- Flørli 4444 – Epic Hike
- Hiking to The Pulpit Rock with Kids
- Stavanger Hotels & Accommodation
Flam (Southwestern Norway)
Tromsø Region (Northern Norway)
- Best Things To Do in Tromsø in Winter
- Tromso Itinerary – 3 Days in Winter
- Chasing The Northern Lights in Tromsø
- Tromsø Ice Domes – The Ice Hotel of Tromso Norway
- Dog Sledding in Tromso (All Your Questions Answered)
- Best Tromso Tours and Excursions
- Tromso Hotel Guide & Where to Stay in Tromso
Spitsbergen – Svalbard (Arctic Region)
- Svalbard Travel Guide
- Svalbard in Winter
- Snowmobile Tour with Better Moments Svalbard
- Svalbard Fjord Cruise & Tips for Your Boat Trip
- What to Wear in Svalbard: Winter Packing Tips
- Svalbard Hotels
How to Plan Your Trip to Norway
Budget Your Trip to Norway
Norway is not cheap, but there are many ways to make your trip more affordable. Travel in shoulder season if you can, book everything (hotels, car rental, tours) in advance, etc.
Packing for Norway
Here’s the most complete packing guide for Norway in summer (winter list to follow soon):
- What To Wear and What To Pack for Norway in Summer
- What To Wear in Norway in Winter – Packing List and Tips
Accommodation in Norway
In general I advice to book your accommodation for Norway as soon as you know your travel dates. Especially if you travel to Norway’s fjords in July or August or toTromsø in February-March, book your accommodation well in advance.
Car Rental in Norway
Flying to Norway
Norway is a big country, so don’t get mislead thinking you can drive and see the best of Norway in just a week or two. Fly the big distances.
If you found this page useful, don’t forget to bookmark it for later reference and share it with your friends who are thinking of visiting Norway. Are you on Pinterest? Save this image!