Hi and welcome to Full Suitcase family travel blog !
Hi, I’m Jurga. Traveller, photographer, mom, blogger… Originally from Lithuania, I call Belgium home for over 15 years now. In my previous life I was studying MBA, working for a big biotech company and dreaming of a big career in the corporate world… And then I met my husband…
Fast forward to 2015… Ten years of traveling all over the world and three kids further I started this blog, Full Suitcase. I write about family travel, road trips we take, off the beaten path destinations and how we travel all over the world with young kids. I share our travel experiences with lots of practical tips, coupled with captivating photography. My goal is to show you how to make the most of every trip!
If you are looking for travel inspiration or some encouragement to travel with kids, if you want to discover the world and get more out of your travels, then you’ve come to the right place!
- Want to work with us? Please check our work with us page.
- Want to get to know us better? Continue reading…
I’m also a Getty Images photographer and a member of Lonely Planet Pathfinders. My photography has been featured in thousands of publications and websites worldwide, including Forbes and Lonely Planet, to name just a few.
More about us
You are probably wondering what our story is. It’s a long story with lots of travels, but apart from that we are just like you – a family traveling with kids and full suitcases, discovering the world one trip at a time.
We caught the travel bug back in 2002 and have been traveling ever since. We’ve been to Australia and New Zealand, India and China, Canada and the US, toured Europe by motorbike and left our hearts in Africa. We live in Belgium, but we take every opportunity to travel all over the world and have visited more than 40 countries. Our children have been to 15 countries worldwide including the U.S., Australia, South Africa, and Namibia… But we also travel close to home – you will not often find us at home on the weekends.
We have three boys; the younger ones are twins. Our kids are all at school and our days are filled with taxiing them around: school, soccer practices and matches, boy scouts, birthday parties, playdates… And just as any family with school-going children we have to plan our vacations during the school holidays.
We don’t spend our vacations laying by the pool or at the beach for days in a row, but we don’t trek around the world with a backpack either. In fact, our bags are rather full when we travel. Hence the name – Full Suitcase.
We try to make the most of every trip we take: we visit the most famous landmarks, but we also go off the beaten path; we do typical tourist stuff, but we also look for more authentic experiences; we take the kids to a playground or to a theme park, but we also take them hiking, to a museum or to a theatre…
We travel in order to discover, to taste, to learn… Something new every time.
For us, life is about making memories and most of our very best memories come from our travels.
How can we help you?
We are here to show you that your life doesn’t have to fit in a box and that you can travel everywhere in the world, also with your kids!
You don’t have to quit your job, sell all your belongings, start home-schooling your kids and trek around the world in a camper, but you definitely can escape your everyday life for short getaways and longer vacations at least once in a while!
Full Suitcase family travel blog is not just for families traveling with children. It’s a travel website for EVERYONE who is eager to travel and learn how to make the best of every trip!
Thanks for reading and don’t be a stranger. Join us! That way you can stay connected and get all our best tips and travel inspiration! I don’t plan on sending more than one newsletter a month, so it will never get annoying or spammy.
For more regular updates, let’s connect on Facebook and other social media. Come over and say hi – I love to hear from our readers!
Our trips with kids
- Where have we been with the kids? Australia and Tasmania, Belgium, France and Corsica, Germany, Greece (Santorini), Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Namibia, Netherlands, Portugal (The Azores), South Africa, Switzerland, UAE (Dubai), the U.S. (Yellowstone NP, Arches NP, Rocky Mountains NP,…)
- What are some of the coolest things we’ve done with the kids so far?
- Tracked and followed a herd of desert elephants in Namibia.
- Chased wild kangaroos in Australia.
- Visited the tallest building in the world – Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- Walked the Dove Lake Circuit in Tasmania – a 6,5 km (4 miles) walk is a big achievement for the kids of 3 and 5.
- Visited an ice cave in Switzerland.
- Pet a koala in Australia.
- Climbed the world’s highest sand dunes and rolled down the dunes in Namibia.
- Rode a camel in Dubai.
- Visited an underground lake in Switzerland.
- Sand-boarded in the desert in the United Arab Emirates.
- Walked on the highest suspension bridge in Europe at Mount Titlis in Switzerland.
- Had the best picnic ever while watching whales and dolphins from the coast of Hermanus in South Africa.
- Watched New Year’s fireworks in Dubai.
- Explored Antwerp’s underground canals and sewers in Belgium.
- Visited some of Namibia’s local tribes – Damara, San, Himba…
- Explored Mont Saint-Michel in the dark. France.
- Pet a (young) crocodile in Namibia.