If you have done some research for your visit to Arches National Park, then you probably already know that there are no hotels inside the park itself. Therefore the best place to stay for visiting Arches National Park is Moab in Utah. But which Moab hotels are best for you and what are alternative accommodation options near Arches National Park?
In order to help you find the best accommodation for your trip to Arches National Park I made this selection of different types of lodging in and near Moab. Whether you are looking for the best price quality hotel for visiting Arches NP, a budget accommodation in Moab, or a luxury resort for a family vacation in the Moab area – here you should be able to find the very best Moab accommodation option for your trip, travel style, group size, and budget. Find out!
Note that this selection is made based on our personal experience in Arches, customer reviews on various websites, location and facilities of accommodations, as well as the price. This post is not sponsored and all opinions are solely my own and are meant to save you time and make your vacation planning easier. At no extra cost to you we make a small commission if you book an accommodation using the links in this post.
BEST ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS NEAR MOAB, UTAH:
Best located hotels for exploring Arches National Park
Moab is not very big, yet the very best location for sightseeing is as close to the gate of Arches National Park as possible. If you are visiting in summer when it’s hot you may want to go to the park in the morning and then again in the evening, and spend the warmest hours of the day in the swimming pool of your hotel. The closer you are to the park, the easier it is to quickly commute during the day.
And since I was wondering this myself before our trip, you can enter the park as many times as you want as the ticket is valid for several days.
TIP: If you are visiting several American national parks, consider purchasing an annual national parks pass instead of a single ticket. You can buy it at the entrance of any park and it’s the best option for families, but also for everyone who visits multiple parks during the same year.
These hotels are closest to the entrance of Arches National Park and have excellent customer reviews. These are by far the best accommodation options for those who are mainly interested in sightseeing and exploring Arches National Park.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Moab
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Moab
- Aarchway Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab
Best Moab hotels for families
These Moab hotels have family rooms for up to 5-6 people (some even more), a swimming pool, and Booking.com customer rating of 8+. I listed them based on their location, starting with the ones that are closest to Arches NP.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Moab – family rooms for up to 8 people available
- Aarchway Inn – family rooms for up to 6 people
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Moab – rooms for up to 6 people
- Hampton Inn Moab – rooms up to 5 people
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Moab – family rooms for up to 10 people available as well as an indoor swimming pool
- Red Cliffs Lodge located 17 miles from Arches NP is mostly known for its beautiful location, good restaurant with amazing views, a winery, and also horse riding, fishing, and many other activities. Offering rooms for up to 6 people this is a great place for a longer family stay in Moab.
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa This resort is located outside Moab (20 miles/ 30min from Arches Entrance Road) in a stunning setting along the Colorado River. It is a great choice for families looking for a longer and more relaxed vacation and not just staying in Moab in order to visit Arches NP. With accommodation options for big families of up to 12 people, big gardens and lots of activities – Sorrel River Ranch is one of the best options for a family vacation near Moab.
Most scenically located accommodations near Moab
Most hotels in Moab town are located along the main street and offer no exciting views. For the best views you have to be outside Moab. It’s not as close to Arches National Park as Moab hotels, but if you are looking for a more unique experience and great views, check out these places:
- Moab Under Canvas located 8 miles (8min) from Arches NP is a campsite in a desert. If you like camping you can opt for a basic tent, but there are luxury tents with a shower and a lounge area as well. If you like glamping and want to experience the beauty of the desert at night, then this is the place to be in Moab area.
- Red Cliffs Lodge offers the best sunset views over the Colorado River. Even if you don’t stay here, it might be worth it to reserve a table with a view for dinner. Located 17 miles (25 min) from the Entrance Gate of Arches National Park.
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa offers stunning mountain and river views all around. This is also the most luxurious of all Moab accommodations. It is located a few miles further down the same road as Red Cliffs Lodge (20 miles (30 min) from Arches NP).
- Moab Springs Ranch has one of the most beautiful locations in Moab town itself, just a stone’s throw from Arches National Park. The ranch has several modern bungalows and beautiful gardens with a swimming pool and a hot tub.
Best value for your money hotels in Moab
If you are after the best price/ quality accommodation in Moab then check these hotels out. They are perfect for a short stay on a mid-range budget.
- Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn
- Comfort Suites Moab
- Hampton Inn Moab
- Best Western PLUS Greenwell Inn
- Sleep Inn & Suites Moab
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Moab
- River Canyon Lodge
Best budget accommodation in Moab
I used the following criteria to choose the best budget lodging in Moab: low season price under 50USD for 2 people including breakfast, private bathroom, free parking and free Wi-Fi. Most of these budget hotels also have a swimming pool. I sorted the accommodations based on customer reviews from high to low.
- Inca Inn Motel
- Expedition Lodge – probably the best price/quality budget accommodation in Moab, with private rooms for up to 6 people.
- Adventure Inn Moab (no pool)
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground
- Quality Inn Moab Slickrock Area
- Super 8 Moab
TIP: If you want to visit Arches National Park on a budget, go in low season. Even the best hotels are very affordable in winter, especially in January and February.
Best Moab RV Resorts and Campgrounds
- Moab Valley RV Resort & Campground
- Archview RV Resort & Campground
- Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground
- Moab Under Canvas
So this is my selection of the best Moab hotels based on different interests, group size, and budget. If you are looking for a B&B type of place check the highly rated Cali Cochitta Bed & Breakfast. Here you can find a complete overview and best deals for all Moab accommodations.
TIP: Book your stay in Moab well in advance. Despite the city offering over 160 accommodations in all price ranges, Moab hotels are often sold out, especially during school holidays and in high season.
Arches National Park attracts many visitors the whole year round, so for the best choice and prices it’s best to book up front. It seems that January – February are the quietest months, so if you are looking to visit Arches on a budget, you might consider visiting in winter.
OUR EXPERIENCE: We visited Arches National Park with kids during summer holidays and despite booking our trip months in advance the choices for a family of 5 were rather limited. We stayed at Aarchway Inn for 3 nights and particularly liked the location of the hotel allowing us to do a lot of sightseeing.
We visited Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Dead Horse Point State Park, drove the scenic roads in the area, and also went rafting on the Colorado River… here you can read more about the best things to do in Moab.
Due to limited time, we only stayed in the hotel to sleep and also to swim during the hottest hours of the day. But if we had more time in Moab area, I would have opted for one of the hotels outside the town (see the scenic located hotels section above).
If you found this post useful, don’t forget to bookmark it and please share it with your friends. Are you on Pinterest? Pin this image!